Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Scrap the Fat: The Before Page

This is the first page of the scrapbook journal that I'm doing with my friends at 2peas. I had no idea what paper I was going to use until I came across this one, and then the whole page fell into place. I had already started back at the gym ,but progress was very slow. Then I went to the race, and my friend took this picture of me for my scrapbooking. It's a picture of me eating a hot dog at the track. I wanted to delete it but something has always stopped me. I had looked at myself in the mirror that morning, but this wasn't what I saw. I don't know who this is. I have a big personality, but I've never been this big on the outside. I got mad the other day because there was a picture on People magazine of that chick that played Sabrina on TV, I can't remember her name. I remember it saying "the hidious picture at 155, and now she's down 40 some pounds and in a bikini. I used to weigh 155. I'm 5'4" and I didn't wear a bikini, but I didn't think I looked "hidious." This picture, welllllll, it's close. I don't know how it all got away from me. I was studying for my MRI boards, I quit running a few years ago (but kept eating like I still was), my (now ex) boyfriend moved in and we both liked food. I was tired all the time. For the last few years, I have tried to buy organic as much as possible. It's to the point where I actually don't like white bread (except on a BLT with mayo and fresh tomatoes out the garden or at least the farmer's market-YUMMY!). I feel bad after eating fast food, to the point where I very rarely do it at all (the movie Super-Size Me helped with that as well. Oh, those fries, who knew?). So, I'm eating healthy and going to the gym four days a week, why won't it come off like it used to? Don't EVEN think about giving me that line of crap about "well, you're over 30 now..." It's just that-crap. I've considered having them check my thyroid, but haven't done it, I have no other symptoms. I'm guessing it has something to do with my metabolism. Somehow I have to kick it up, so I have a lot of research to do.

1 comment: