Sunday, June 7, 2009

I've finally done it. I've joined the world of blogging. Seriously, I'm not sure if anyone will ever see this, but at least I can say I have one now. I'm one of the cool people now. I can vent, scream, rant, rave, brag, or just ramble on and on and on.

It's a beautiful day here today. No rain, and the yard is in need of mowning. I don't have to do it because I don't have a mower. Mine is in the shop. I have lived in my house now for over eight years, and this was the first mower I actually bought. For those that know the history of Lynn versus The Lawn, a saga that is still going strong, mowing grass is quite the ordeal here on Wallingwood Drive. There is a distinct possibility that I wouldn't detest mowing so much if it wasn't such a *#$^@!* ordeal every-time-I-get-the-mower-OUT! At least I had a repreive last year due to the fact that I was living in sin. The boyfriend liked yardwork and claimed the turf as his own. I was willing. We parted ways in February, and that was a good thing for the both of us. Sadly, though, this meant that the yard was mine to conquer all over again.

Someday, when I have nothing exciting going on and I am bored to tears, I will tell the eight year epic of mowing for background purposes, but for now, just know that I was one step away from lawn care when it took 2 1/2 hours and 2 mowers to mow grass (down from four hours and two mowers the week before). Since the mower was only a few years old, actually one that I had bought rather than a leftover from the previous owner, or a hand-me-down freebie, I thought it best to try ONE MORE TIME, and have it fixed. I had thought in purchasing a 7 hP mower it could tackle anything. Evidently, driveway landscaping timbers are too much for it to handle and things tend to crack or shear or whatever.

Today, I entend to spend the day at leisure with Zeek, possibly scrapbook, maybe run the sweeper, and pass one more day before becoming independently wealthy.

3 comments:

  1. Alright chicky....start posting the pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland! You will have fun here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogdome! Your first entry made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete